What to look for in a home security camera in Scranton
So many homeowners in Scranton want to take a look what’s going on at their property when they are not home This is a primary reason why security cameras are some of the most effective devices to include as you figure out your home security system. Although free-standing cameras are effective when configured correctly, they’re even more helpful when incorporated into your property’s smart home system.
Are you wondering what to look for in a home security camera in Scranton? You’ll be glad to know these critical elements have more features than ever before. You may see live feeds from indoor cameras or surprise those lurking about with built-in deterrents from outdoor cameras. And you can control your security cameras easily in the same smart app.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Scranton
Multifaceted and easy-to-manage security cameras will take your property’s protection to a whole new level. These crucial parts of your security system can be found with an impressive array of features like bi-directional talk, night vision, and customizable zones. Explore the possibilities here.
- Effective deterrents: Install a security camera that can react instantly. If odd activity is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid ring of red light will emerge around the camera lens and a powerful alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision capability offers clear-cut footage of your surroundings at any hour. Your cameras will also maintain their visibility as you zoom in on specific spots.
- Convenient storage: Choose surveillance with recording and storage cloud functionality and the ability to watch footage directly from your mobile device app.
- Mobile app: Today’s home security cameras in Scranton are frequently paired to a helpful smartphone app. You are able to watch live streams or saved clips and even engage or disengage your system. The Vivint App will deliver an alert to your cell phone if a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion detectors prompts cameras to activate if strange action is detected. You’ll also receive a message on your mobile device.
- Converse with anyone at your door or family: Would you like to contact your children when they return from school? Is there a stranger at your doorstep? Modern residential security cameras, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient 2-way communications so you are able to converse with the people detected by your camera.
- Improve your perspective: As a general rule, your outdoor cameras should give you an angle of 120° or higher. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts 140° views.
- Configurable zones: This benefit gives you the chance to designate the precise space you want your camera to cover. This will be helpful to limit the activity you surveil as you wouldn’t require updates every time a vehicle drives by on the street.
Customize your own smart home
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Scranton. All that remains is to design your own customized Vivint smart home. Call (570) 775-5689 to get started or fill out the following form to reach out to our security experts.